March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Second Quest LEVEL-2: Skull Woods [M][C/Shion]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 9:51:11 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

TO: Shalin Nariya (shalin.nariya@hoennrangers.gov)
CC: (glasswork@lpd.hoennleague.gov)
MISSION: "Skull Woods"
PROTOCOL: Search-and-Rescue
DANGER: ★★★★☆

BRIEFING:

We have received a distress call from Elite Ranger Wilma, who was on a recon mission within a Soft No-Rescue Zone in the far northwest corner of Hoenn. Beyond Meteor Falls is a dangerous dead forest known as Skull Woods. Built into a valley, it is known for its extreme temperatures, particularly in the summer. Her last call indicates that she was engaged with a giant bug Pokémon of some kind, though the call ended abruptly. While we are hopeful, it is unlikely she has survived. Your task is to rescue her or confirm her death, retrieve her research data, and get out as quickly as you can. If things get too hairy down there, you are authorized to abort the mission. Your safety is our top priority.

PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:

a) Rendezvous with Elite Ranger Wilma
b) Recover research documents
c) Escape to safety

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

As much as this type of mission was up her alley, Shalin was still nervous about it. Her first mission as a Cadet took her to a location as dangerous, if not more so, than some of the places she retrieved the Medallions of Eight from, now in their resting place beneath Sootopolis. She would not be dressed in her Ranger uniform, though. A mission this dangerous would warrant her SYGNA SUIT.

Her rendezvous point with would be at the top of the northern foothills of Route 113, overlooking the deadlands that were described in the briefing. As serious as the mission was, she wasn't beyond having a little fun first to get the energy flowing to and from her suit. "Sandy, lift me up!" the cheerful girl, looking like a Flygon, requested of her actual Flygon. She raised the lithe trainer off the ground, her legs hanging from the sides of the translucent wing's widest part she could comfortably sit at. If were to arrive, they might get a clear look at their wild partner for the excursion, and an even better look at the madness that would occur once the insect dragon's wings began to vibrate with her on one of them.

{WC: 279}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Sandy           Flygon             Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**         Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad         Good
Treble          Kommo-o            Good
Lathiel         Type: Null         Good
Nymris          Pheromosa          Good
close tab

played by

Kuzunoha

Glasswork
She/Her
Feburary 17th
Lilycove
Demisexual
Officer Cadet
Cadet
N/A
Single
5 height
5 height
I'll honor your sacrifice.
awards
54 posts
Shion Uehara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @glasswork
Shion Uehara
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 18:19:36 GMT
Shion Uehara Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","oneword1"]

[attr="class","fromyou1"]

Lol~

Shion's reaction translation: O_o

I will honor your sacrifice

[attr="class","itsover"]
She'd never have guessed she would be deployed so soon! Just a day after settling into her temporary transfer she'd recieved a league grade search-and-rescue mission from Mauville City's police department. It felt as if the league were in a serious rush to see her worth.[break][break]

So, like a good trainee, she sent Senior Ranger her notice of deployment and made her way to Route 113. She also did some comprehensive shopping for hiking gear and picked up her uniform from the precinct. So for the most part she felt prepared. At least...physically...[break][break]

Coming upon the rendezvous point she witnessed a bizarre sight--was that a flygon? What the hell is that on it's left wing? Is that a person?[break][break]

The platinum blond trainer took a long moment to gaze at what was in front of her. Then she turned to her old friend, whom was clinging to her right shoulder.[break][break]

"Auto...Are you...Are you seeing this?"[break][break]

The snobble, Autonoe, gazed with a similar expression as her trainer's. The pair slowly looked to each other and then back to the madness in front of them. Both trainer and pokemon slowly pivoted and walked in the other direction at a brisk pace.[break][break]

"Cadet Ranger hasn't seen me yet. I can still abort mission. I'll say I got sick. I probably am sick. Do I have a fever, Auto?"[break][break]

The sobble reached out and touched Glasswork's forehead to check and she did the same for Autonoe.
[break][break]
ulla

[newclass=.itsover b]color:#a366b6[/newclass]

[newclass=.oneword1]transition:1s;overflow:hidden;height:200px;width:450px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.oneword1:hover .fromyou1]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.fromyou1]background-color:#2f2f2f;opacity:.8;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:250px;width:150px;transition:1s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.fromyou1 a]font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;color:#a366b6;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 8:07:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
may have been able to hear the heavily distorted sound of a female screaming from the same direction as the Flygon's loud but otherwise pleasant humming peaked in pitch. The ride did not last long - only a matter of seconds. When the wing at last came to a stop, Shalin would be in plain sight, catching her breath after being thrown up and down countless times per second. Though she was still catching her breath, it was clear that scream was of joy, having the time of her life as the Flygon's wing rocked her as fast as that of an insect. It took her a few minutes to regain enough feeling in her legs before sliding down the wing and standing on her own two feet.

"...Shion?" Shalin asked the young girl. "Name's Shalin, the wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" she smiled, living up to her title in the demonstration she just unknowingly gave until now. "This is Sandy, my Flygon, and one of the most reliable Pokémon I have. I assume you're up to speed, then?" she asked, implying Glasswork had read the briefing. "I've already done a little bit of scouting myself. They don't appear to be on the surface. We may have to look in the natural cave or tunnel network beneath the woods." She paused to show her companion the map of the surface portion she had constructed. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done. "There are at least five entrances to the underground section. I say at least five because I thought there were only four, then I found one under a large bush my Pheromosa chopped down."

{WC: 281}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kuzunoha

Glasswork
She/Her
Feburary 17th
Lilycove
Demisexual
Officer Cadet
Cadet
N/A
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
Shion Uehara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @glasswork
Shion Uehara
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 0:00:02 GMT
Shion Uehara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","da-cerbwrap kuzu"]
[attr="class","da-cerbheader"]

[attr="class","da-cerbheadimg"]

[attr="class","da-cerbheadbox"]

[attr="class","da-cerbheadicon"]

[attr="class","da-cerbheadbord"]

[attr="class","da-cerbheadline"]

Saving Elite Ranger Wilma.

[break]
[attr="class","da-cerbmidtop"]

[attr="class","da-cerbpost"]

[break][break]The pair turned their heads back at Shalin the moment Glasswork's first name was spoken. Reluctance shown in both their expressions for only moments before Shion and Autonoe turned and slowly walked back. All the while they listened to their fellow cadet speak. Aside from trying to purge what they saw from their minds and heard with their ears...It seemed perhaps Cadet Ranger Shalin was a professional if nothing else. With Recon complete on the surface, this at least meant a few things could be taken into account...

[break][break]"That confirms some of my suspicions...Do we know what flora and fauna are usually out here? We might be able to narrow it down before we even see it if we collect enough information."

[break][break]Shion, now having calmed down, approached until she could reach and examine the map without putting any inconvenience on Shalin. As the Ranger was handling it, she didn't mind just leaving the map in her hands. She'd just take pictures of it with her poketch. Then she started running searches for common reviews of the area, since this *was* a well traveled route. She figured she could cross reference what was said based on general ranger observations that might have been posted online or via the scholar pages. Either way while she was doing that she was listening to Shalin as she spoke.

[break][break]"By your experience thus far, have you been able to find any traces of Elite Ranger Wilma that might provide us a lead?"

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","da-cerbnotes"]NOTES
[break]

- Shion and Autonoe reluctantly go back.[break]
- Shion starts using the web to see if she can pull up some base information about the ecology of the place.[break]
- The search for leads begins![break]

[attr="class","da-cerbcredit"]˚ʚ♡ɞ˚
[break]
[attr="class","da-cerbfooter"]
[attr="class","da-cerbfootimg"]

[attr="class","da-cerbfootbord"]

[attr="class","da-cerbfootline"]

[attr="class","da-cerbpoke"]

[break][break][break][break][break]

[googlefont=Rubik][googlefont=Ysabeau Infant]
[newclass=".kuzu"] --accent:#D49736!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:547px; background:#1B1B1B; border-radius:4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheader]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:547px; height:177px; background-color:#333234; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; overflow:hidden; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadimg]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:175px; background-color:#333234; filter: grayscale(1); background-blend-mode: multiply;background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadline]position:absolute; top:14px; left:14px; box-sizing:border-box; width:505px; height:162px; border-top:solid 1px var(--accent);border-left:solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadbox]position:absolute; top:-21px; right:40px; box-sizing:border-box; width:185px; height:220px; background-color:var(--accent); border-left:solid 5px var(--accent); border-right:solid 5px var(--accent);transform: rotate(10deg); overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadicon]position:absolute; top:21px; left:-17px; box-sizing:border-box; width:210px; height:180px; mix-blend-mode: multiply; background-size:cover; transform: rotate(-10deg); filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadbord]position:absolute; bottom:0px; left:0px; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:36px; background-color:black; opacity:33%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheader table]position:absolute; top:24px; left:28px; box-sizing:border-box; width:503px; height:133px; text-transform:uppercase; font: 800 38px Poppins; line-height:45px; color:#EEEDEF; text-align:left; opacity:80%;vertical-align:middle;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpost]border-radius:5px; border: solid 1px #232323; background:#2B2B2B; padding:24px 34px 44px 34px; background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/BsHYgAE.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-blend-mode: multiply; color:#AAAAAA; font:300 12px 'Rubik'; letter-spacing:0px; line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpost a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpost b]color:var(--accent);font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpost i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpost u]color:var(--accent); transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfooter]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:547px; height:102px; background-color:#333234; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfootimg]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:100px; background-color:#333234; filter: grayscale(1); background-blend-mode: multiply;background-size:cover; background-position:center bottom; background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/2s9Elde.png);border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfootline]position:absolute; bottom:14px; left:14px; box-sizing:border-box; width:526px; height:103px; border-bottom:solid 1px var(--accent);border-left:solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfootbord]position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:25px; background-color:black; opacity:33%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpoke]position:absolute; bottom:-5px; right:5px; box-sizing:border-box; width:40px; height:40px; background-color:#333234; border-radius:40px; overflow:hidden; border:solid 1px var(--accent); transition-duration:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpoke:hover]background-color:var(--accent); transition-duration:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpoke img]width:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfooter table]position:absolute; bottom:24px; left:28px; box-sizing:border-box; width:503px; height:65px; text-transform:uppercase; font: 100 15px Poppins; line-height:22px; color:#C4C4C4; text-align:left; opacity:90%; vertical-align:top!important; letter-spacing:1px;mix-blend-mode: lighten;opacity:80%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfooter table a]text-transform:uppercase; font: 400 19px Poppins; line-height:22px; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbmidtop]position:absolute; top:176px; left:15px; background:var(--accent); width:1px; height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbcredit]margin-top:-16px; margin-right:4px; float:right;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbcredit a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbnotes]width:75%; height:1px; background:var(--accent); color:var(--accent); opacity:90%; font: 400 20px Poppins;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 19:55:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Unfortunately for the two of them, Skull Woods was dangerous enough and so far off the beaten path of Route 113 that there was little documented of it. "Bug and fire Pokémon," Shalin answered. "Lots of them. At least on the surface level. Below the surface, anyone's guess."

When asked about the Ranger's location, Shalin shook her head. "If she was on the surface level, I would have found her by now," the green-ette answered, climbing back on the Flygon but how a normal person would this time. As much fun as she had being wildly rocked as she was before, this was no time for fun and games. Though the chance Wilma was alive was slim, they had to take the shot. Losing any Elite Ranger was tough for Hoenn's Ranger Corps to swallow. "We'll need to take a look below the surface."

{WC: 145}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kuzunoha

Glasswork
She/Her
Feburary 17th
Lilycove
Demisexual
Officer Cadet
Cadet
N/A
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
Shion Uehara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @glasswork
Shion Uehara
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 16:40:01 GMT
Shion Uehara Avatar
[nospaces]

Deductions and Considerations.

[break]

[break][break]"Mm. I figured that when you stated you'd done recon. I mean less if you've found her and more if you'd found any signs of her. At the moment, what it comes down to is that we're going to have to pick an entrance and hope we happen to be going the right way."

[break][break]As Shion spoke she approached the Flygon and held Autonoe on her shoulder with one hand.

[break][break]Her Rookidee, Eua, poked her head curiously out of her platinum blond hair and made note of the massive dragonfly Pokemon. The little bird glanced worriedly at her trainer...as if it had some idea of what she was about to say and do.

[break][break]"I'll have Eua do a sweep around the cave openings, we can do the same. Any chance your Flygon can handle two riders? Admittedly I've never done it before, but it'd be the quickest and potentially safest way in the long run if you can help me stay on board." As she explains this she makes eye contact with the Flygon as if to ask for silent permission. Then her eyes slipped back to Shalin...

[break][break]"If we can find any sort of hint to the direction she'd treaded, that'll make our lives easier. Elsewise, if she is alive we risk her dying on us because we took so long. The humidity out here is going to start building and injuries are going to be a struggle to keep clean and uninfected if she's been hurt. Also, when it rains, another wrinkle will occur. What we can expect from this forest will dramatically shift due to its ecology. What ever is in the caves right now...won't be the same because the fire Pokémon will be rushing in for shelter."

[break][break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.da-cerbwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:547px; background:#1B1B1B; border-radius:4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheader]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:547px; height:177px; background-color:#333234; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; overflow:hidden; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadimg]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:175px; background-color:#333234; filter: grayscale(1); background-blend-mode: multiply;background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadline]position:absolute; top:14px; left:14px; box-sizing:border-box; width:505px; height:162px; border-top:solid 1px var(--accent);border-left:solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadbox]position:absolute; top:-21px; right:40px; box-sizing:border-box; width:185px; height:220px; background-color:var(--accent); border-left:solid 5px var(--accent); border-right:solid 5px var(--accent);transform: rotate(10deg); overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadicon]position:absolute; top:21px; left:-17px; box-sizing:border-box; width:210px; height:180px; mix-blend-mode: multiply; background-size:cover; transform: rotate(-10deg); filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheadbord]position:absolute; bottom:0px; left:0px; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:36px; background-color:black; opacity:33%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbheader table]position:absolute; top:24px; left:28px; box-sizing:border-box; width:503px; height:133px; text-transform:uppercase; font: 800 38px Poppins; line-height:45px; color:#EEEDEF; text-align:left; opacity:80%;vertical-align:middle;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpost]border-radius:5px; border: solid 1px #232323; background:#2B2B2B; padding:24px 34px 44px 34px; background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/BsHYgAE.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-blend-mode: multiply; color:#AAAAAA; font:300 12px 'Rubik'; letter-spacing:0px; line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfooter]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:547px; height:102px; background-color:#333234; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfootimg]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:100px; background-color:#333234; filter: grayscale(1); background-blend-mode: multiply;background-size:cover; background-position:center bottom; background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/2s9Elde.png);border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfootline]position:absolute; bottom:14px; left:14px; box-sizing:border-box; width:526px; height:103px; border-bottom:solid 1px var(--accent);border-left:solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfootbord]position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; box-sizing:border-box; width:545px; height:25px; background-color:black; opacity:33%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpoke]position:absolute; bottom:-5px; right:5px; box-sizing:border-box; width:40px; height:40px; background-color:#333234; border-radius:40px; overflow:hidden; border:solid 1px var(--accent); transition-duration:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbpoke:hover]background-color:var(--accent); transition-duration:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfooter table]position:absolute; bottom:24px; left:28px; box-sizing:border-box; width:503px; height:65px; text-transform:uppercase; font: 100 15px Poppins; line-height:22px; color:#C4C4C4; text-align:left; opacity:90%; vertical-align:top!important; letter-spacing:1px;mix-blend-mode: lighten;opacity:80%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbfooter table a]text-transform:uppercase; font: 400 19px Poppins; line-height:22px; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbmidtop]position:absolute; top:176px; left:15px; background:var(--accent); width:1px; height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbcredit]margin-top:-16px; margin-right:4px; float:right;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.da-cerbnotes]width:75%; height:1px; background:var(--accent); color:var(--accent); opacity:90%; font: 400 20px Poppins;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 8:36:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"...It wouldn't hurt to make another sweep of the surface level, would it?" Shalin sheepishly reconsidered at Shion's suggestion. "She should be able to handle two," the green-ette confirmed, "as long as you don't mind a bit of vibration. She can even give you a taste of it if need be, before we take off. Otherwise... I have a second Pokémon that can fly, but it runs into the same problem. It's a Beedrill." She hoped the very notion of a Beedrill mount wouldn't weird her companion out. Shalin was known for her highly unusual ride Pokémon, but to those who didn't know her, that one could have crossed from unusual to dangerous in a hurry.

The run Sandy would give Shion would be nothing special; merely hovering just off the ground, her wings sounding like those of a hummingbird. If Shion said she could handle it, the two would take off on the Flygon; otherwise, she would do her best to ferry them both to the surface and let her dismount with as little turbulence as possible.

The sweep was slow and taxing; not only was the heat stifling, but the layer of dust floating on the desolate dirt ground below made air quality poor. It was a factor that made Shalin happy she was in her SYGNA SUIT. The whole place looked like it had the life of all fauna sucked out of it, as though and his former Patron had passed through one day when they still battled as one.

Regardless, their sweep would yield results. Out of the four skull-shaped cave mouths that led underground, there was one with somewhat old footprints that were difficult to see except when the riders got a close look. A dense thicket of dead vines covered the entrance. This was a job for the FIRE ROD Shalin had procured from Death Crater alongside Finn so many months ago. There was just one problem.

Shalin didn't bring a single fire Pokémon with her.

"You wouldn't happen to have a way to make fire with you, would you," Shalin said, taking out the rod formerly hidden within Mount Chimney's most dangerous biome. While it didn't have the power to create flames like its ruby-tipped business end would suggest, it did have the power to manipulate existing flames. "If you don't, we'll have to go looking elsewhere."

{WC: 389}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kuzunoha

Glasswork
She/Her
Feburary 17th
Lilycove
Demisexual
Officer Cadet
Cadet
N/A
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
Shion Uehara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @glasswork
Shion Uehara
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 2:57:42 GMT
Shion Uehara Avatar
[nospaces]

This Fire.

[break]

[break][break]"I'm sure I'll manage." Shion spoke while mounting the Flygon and securing herself by holding to Shalin for support. Even if the rapid, flickering beat of the insect pokemon's wings was a little disconcerting, she remained calm. The officer cadet would later admit it was an...interesting ride. Though at least it wasn't on Shalin's beedrill? Ultimately it got them from point A to point B and that's what mattered...

[break][break]'I can only imagine what riding a beedrill would be like, though.'

[break][break]The combination of humidity and dust mingling in the air about them truly made her appreciate that rapid beat, however. The Flygon's wings saved Shion from having to struggle through the lack of circulating air about them. Though the shifting hot moisture of the humid breeze had her thinking even more about what she'd said before : if Wilma was wounded, this would be the worst atmosphere for her. With so much moisture in the air all kinds of bacteria and disease could easily travel through the shifting winds on water droplets. It made her seriously consider having Autonoe do a rain dance---but she'd save that bright idea for later.

[break][break]When the pair finally found the footprints, Shion was quick to dismount and examine them closer. She'd even use her pokech camera to zoom in on them and see if she can match them to the trademark ranger boots of the usual league ranger uniform. She'd also go out of her way to try and put a time to when they were probably left. The aspiring detective also checked to see if any pokemon prints followed after her...It'd help determine how soon she ran into the trouble that she did. Shion had her suspicions that the pokemon in question might have had a disposition to float...but that'd be a matter she'd share later.

[break][break]Her thoughts would be interrupted by Shalin's request...

[break][break]"Oh! Fire? Yes, several." she commented casually before taking out her pack and fishing out a lighter. She flicked the flame open from the lighter, then finally noticed the item in Shalin's hands. Was...was that fishing road?

[break][break]...Why?

[break][break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 6:28:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The footprints were indeed a match. Their victim was indeed a high-ranking Ranger. For someone so skilled to be so overwhelmed was disturbing, to say the least. It was little wonder how highly rated this mission was. Glasswork would find no Pokémon prints. Did that mean Wilma's attacker could fly?

The rod was no fishing rod - it was closer to a wizard's rod much like ones in fantasy novels. She pointed it at the open flame from the lighter, its fires jumping across the humid air and to the gnarled, dead vines. It did not take them long to catch fire, burning to cinders and opening the way to the back of Skull Woods. Before it could spread too far, Shalin hurled Bass Boost's Poké Ball toward the Seismitoad, expelling a column of MUDDY WATER from its maw.

Needing to conserve the rest of the Pokémon's water for when it mattered, Shalin withdrew both her and Sandy, swapping to Lathiel, her Type: Null. The normal-type side-eyed her when she attempted to mount the Pokémon. "Still no, huh," she sighed, backing away and walking alongside the synthesized creature instead.

The temperature and humidity dropped a little within, which was a plus, letting the explorers breathe easier. It wouldn't make their life overall any easier, though; beyond the large cave mouth's entrance was a root bridge leading to a locked gate, presumably Wilma's footprints left in its direction. Perhaps she locked it behind her in an effort to put distance between her and whatever was pursuing her. The only other way she saw forward was through a root maze beneath the bridge. It was just large enough for Lathiel to stand, occasionally needing to duck to avoid scraping her head blade on the tough roots above.

After a few wrong turns, she would find her way through the maze, and lead Glasswork through it if she so desired. At its end, Shalin caught the glint of a skeleton-like SMALL KEY. "Nice! Could have easily fallen through the root system," she surmised. "I'd be willing to bet this will get us through that gate." Backing out of the maze and back to the bridge, she would find two phalanx of Falinks bouncing about the root bridge, blocking their way to the gate. Passing by them without a fight would be a challenge.

You obtained a SMALL KEY! This key will open any one lock. You can use it only in this dungeon.

4x_Kss4n Lathiel obedience check

Keys: 1

{WC: 392}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin          Human              ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,929 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 22:35:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven